Signed in as:
through Support, Referrals, Training and Education
The Women’s Center at County College of Morris is celebrating with one of our participants who has successfully relaunched her marketing career in the consumer products goods industry after an 18-year hiatus from the workforce! She was actively engaged in the services and support being offered through the Women’s Center by attending workshops and following the guidance from the Women’s Center team. Throughout her 9-month search with the program, this amazing woman has been driven, motivated, and persistent. Her sheer will and determination got her to this moment. We are honored to have been part of her inspiring journey!
Here’s what she had to say: “Your help at CCM really was a turning point for me. You helped build my confidence, rethink my value, and keep going. I will never forget your advice saying that it was better for me to pursue jobs that met my level of expertise and education than pursue significantly lower level jobs. You helped me have the strength to persevere. I don’t think there is a better place to help anyone struggling to re-enter the workforce. I will be forever grateful!”
So how exactly did she do it? With the support from the Women’s Center she:
· Updated her resume with industry keywords and listed measurable achievements.
· Included volunteer roles such as Board Member and Chairperson on her resume to show that she had gained recent leadership experience.
· Spent time during the pandemic taking online courses to update her technical skills in social media marketing.
· Posted industry-related content on her LinkedIn page and optimized her profile and headline.
· Conducted numerous informational interviews to learn how to get back into the CPG field.
· Set up her own consulting firm, registered with another and started doing pro-bono work to gain recent experience.
· Networked her tail off! She unabashedly contacted former colleagues who connected her with her very first PAID consulting project. And now she is on her way!
Copyright © 2020 Displaced Homemakers Network of NJ, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
Empowered Women Empower NJ