MissionThe mission of the Displaced Homemakers Network of New Jersey, Inc. a nonprofit, nonpartisan coalition, is to advocate for the needs of the Displaced Homemakers Centers and the women they serve.
The Displaced Homemakers Network of New Jersey, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) partnership of service providers and concerned citizens who support and advocate on behalf of Displaced Homemakers.
Displaced Homemakers Network members provide services through New Jersey’s Displaced Homemakers Centers (services offered vary by location)
- Needs Identification
- Assess personal and vocational needs to create individual growth plans
- Case Management
- Set goals and create action plans
- Follow up to ensure growth
- Offer referrals for community resources
- Career Assessment
- Evaluate and assess career paths
- Develop career/vocational plans
- Explore in-demand career options
- Training Needs
- Provide life skills training
- Develop job readiness plans
- Offer computer classes
- Job Search Services
- Assist with resumes and cover letters
- Prepare for interviewing and follow-up
- Train in current job search approaches
- Self-esteem and empowerment
- Stress and time management
- Legal clinics/family law
- Financial planning
- Additional Services
- Counseling and support groups
- Childcare resources
- Career clothes closets
Displaced Homemakers Network Partnerships
- New Jersey Legislature: The Displaced Homemakers Network has a Legislative Liaison who works closely with lawmakers to ensure information is communicated between the legislature and the Network.
- Social Service Agencies: Displaced Homemakers Network members work closely with local social service agencies to ensure Displaced Homemakers find the services they need to return to work and provide for their families.
- Community: Displaced Homemakers Network members are active in the communities in which they serve – offering workshops and contributing services to those in need.
- Volunteers: The Displaced Homemakers Network and Centers value the contribution of community volunteers is meeting the needs of Displaced Homemakers throughout New Jersey.